National Road Traffic Act
and Regulations as Amended
-Potholes n' all
5th Edition, 2017 - Compiled and presented by Ken Ramsden
Neatly laid out and styled for easy use and reference, this user-friendly format, uncrushable coil-bound book is completely authentic and up-to-date. Designed for those who work both in and out of the office, it optimises the use of colour for clarity and puts the Act and regulations at your fingertips.
The 5th Edition has just been published to include the Twenty Third Amendment and the Twenty Fourth Amendment to the National Road Traffic Regulations. Among the changes, are the following amendments.
Effective from 11 November 2016:
- 100 km/h limit extended to include goods vehicles above 3 500 kg GVM up to 9 000 kg.
- The 100 km speed restriction sign at the rear of goods vehicles above 3 500 kg GVM also became mandatory.
Effective from 16 December 2016:
- Speed governors must be fitted to all newly registered minibuses, buses and goods vehicles subject to the 80 km/h and 100 km/h speed restriction.
Effective from 11 May 2017:
- Regulation 250 banning the transport of paying passengers on or in the goods compartment of a goods vehicle under any circumstances, inexplicably exempts "a vehicle complying with the provisions of the NLTA" (National Land Transport Act).
The following changes gazetted in 2014 still remain unimplemented
- Weighbridges facilities and operators to be evaluated and registered as such.
- Provisional licences to be given to newly qualified drivers who will need to log driving hours before obtaining a full licence. A red letter “P” will need to be displayed on the vehicle.
- Driving schools to be subject to an approval procedure, be graded and registered and will be subject to stringent new regulations.
- Roadworthies every two years for vehicles that are 10 years or older.
- Minibuses, midibuses and buses to be fitted with vehicle directional stability control devices.
- Driving time limits to be imposed on PrDP drivers.
- Parking exemption certificates to be issued to persons with disabilities.
- Opens completely flat.
- Light and small enough to carry in your briefcase.
- An extended and exhaustive A-Z index enables speedy location of relevant legislation.
- Colour coded pages for ease of reference.
- Section/Regulation numbers are much quicker and easier to find appearing in the top corner of the page and in large type in the page body.
- Chapter headings appear at the top of each page.
- Legislation not yet in force greyed out.
- Corresponding Road Traffic Act legislation still in force is included and highlighted.
- Full Government Gazette references for amendments given.
- Guidance notes are inserted where appropriate.
- Legislation errors and loopholes are extensively indicated.
- Includes the Schedules to the Regulations and features road traffic signs, road markings and signals in colour.
- Explains how our traffic laws are made and gazetted.
New additional features:
- Reference to all incorporated SANS standards have been added giving the publication year of the latest edition of the standard.
- Additional regulatory requirements under incorporated standards have been added where appropriate.
- A few explanatory diagrams have been added to the guidance notes.
TO SEE HOW THE BOOK WORKS
Download the front cover showing how to use the book
PRICE (incl VAT): All this for an unbelievable R627,00
Download an order form or ORDER ON LINE NOW>